Work can be so demanding that the body goes through slumps through the workday. Others fare worse, waking up exhausted. No matter one’s disposition, he has to get his workload done. Keeping one’s energy level on an even keel is key to getting through the day.
Sheila Viesca, TalkShop CEO underscores the need for the right diet, plus simple activities to see one through:
1. Take a good breakfast with fiber and protein. Oatmeal, preferably the old-fashioned type, with nuts and banana will time release glucose into your system.
2. If you must take coffee or tea, do so after a meal. If you prefer fruit juices, dilute with equal part of water.
3. Eat small frequent meals throughout the day, spaced at 3 hours apart.
4. Take protein with snacks – nuts with banana, yogurt with sunflower seeds, whole wheat bread with tuna, crackers with sardines.
5. Get a quick shot of sunlight when you wake up in the morning. This provides a boost to your body clock.
6. Sip water. Add in some flavor – a squeeze of lemon or calamansi, slices of oranges and cucumber.
7. Stand and sit straight.
8. Take a short breather from work each hour to do some breathing and stretching exercises.
9. Walk it off. Rather than email, deliver your memos and reports and talk face to face with colleagues.
10. Take the washroom further down from your table.
Do away with anxiety, irritability, forgetfulness, headaches, confusion, and muscle cramps due to the afternoon slump. It is just a matter of making right food choices and giving up poor lifestyle habits such as smoking and drinking to keep the body fit and alert each day.
TalkShop, the leading, ISO-certified training facility trains teams on techniques to handle time and stress for a healthy body and sound mindset.
www.talkshop.ph | (632) 894 5588 | STRESS & TIME MANAGEMENT, EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT
image source: mycity-web.com